Thursday, September 13, 2007

超市入貨

很 久 沒 有 去 超 級 市 場 好 好 的 買 東 西. 暑 假 (其 實 並 非 真 的 放 假) 多 是 買 便 當, 或 是 隨 便 吃 點 東 西 填 肚。 反 而 因 為 下 星 期 大 學 開 課﹐ 就 趕 快 去 超 市 入 貨, 充 實 我 家 雪 櫃。

Thank God that I can afford to buy everything that I need and want to eat in the supermarket. Precious blessing!

Yesterday I went back to school to check on a few things: does the bookstore have in stock the textbooks I have ordered for my classes? Has the library processed the reserved materials? Is the computer still working ...etc. Not done yet.

I'll be teaching the same undergraduate series as last year, plus a graduate seminar in the evening*, an individual study session with a Master student, and possibly some administrative work. Thank God for the experience and the job for another 9 months.


* If the enrollment is too low, the class may get cancelled. But looks like the class will take place. Teaching evening seminar is challenging for me, 'cuz I haven't done a 4-hour session before. I'm not worried about the content as much as keeping the students awake and engaged. Imagine these students come after a full day of work. Who can stay awake and focused for 4 hours? Even if I give them a 30-min. break in between of have the class end early, we're still talking about 3+ hours!

No comments: