Thursday, September 20, 2007

First day of my second year teaching at xxxxx

Teaching is communication. Meeting the class for the first time and getting to know their faces calmed my nerve. It's important to know my audience when I prepare for the lecture and the material. When I refine the course outline and the content, I have their faces in the back of my mind.

Thank God. Doing the same thing for the second time is really easier. Past experience does come in handy. Things are going to be better, with His blessing.

Seen some familiar faces. I bumped into and talked with some who did well in my class last year and will not be my student anymore. I saw some who didn't fare so well and needed to take the class again. Among them is this lady who made up stories and .... Oh well, she's here too.

Patience, patience, patience, patience, and patience!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ah Ms. question! What's the difference between a 5* hotel and a 5x university?

Anonymous said...

Is that the naughty student you mean? Anyway, will have you in my prayers!

You must perform well, teach well and be with them well with His blessings!

big_head said...

Anonymous:

Customer Service is of paramount importance in both 5* and 5x!

Foon:

Yeap, same girl. Today she told me that she works for the FBI and said she might need to skip class from time to time! Ha ha ha....

Anonymous said...

Big head, thanks for telling!

By the way, this FBI girl... wow... skip class... wow...
She must regret for skipping any of your classes.

(Next time if you can talk to her, please tell her that I want to attend class on behalf of her if I were in LA.) Thanks!!!