Haven't said anything yet about the name of this blog.
I like the double meanings possible in both of these words: renaissance and grace.
The word renaissance is French for rebirth. I take its meaning of rebirth not only as a one-time event but a daily renewal and transformation. Hence, Renaissance of Grace refers to myself being a born-again Christian and the blog inadvertently records this journey.
Grace, which happens to be my name, is also the grace of God. The rebirth and daily renewal take place because entirely of His grace.
Through jotting down snippets of my joy and struggles, I hope the life-giving and life-changing power of His grace may be manifested.
4 comments:
Oh! Thanks for sharing! This is the question to me but I have not asked you before.
By the way, It must be manifested. And you're doing very good job. Keep on!
Waiting to hear more from you.
surely it does
Today I just finished Roy Hession's little book The Calvary Road: Exploring Christianity (online version available here), and I don't realize the best part of the book is an interview at the end of the book, where Hession stated what is "grace":
"Grace is not God's reward for the faithful, it's His gift for the empty, the feeble and failing. When I am feeling like that, I'm the very one who is going to be blessed.
Grace is the undeserved favour of God, and no-one is a candidate for grace unless they are undeserving. You can't be too down, too wrong, for grace. That's where Jesus gets His glory; not in the number of good Christians He pats on the back, but in the failures He restores."
Dear Grace, I guess right now you're in a situation where you're well-qualified and very likely to be blessed with His grace.
P.S. Thanks Dan Bush for introducing me this little book.
Hession's book will be on my to-read list. I bought a copy of Wittmer's Heaven Is a Place on Earth right after that email of yours.
6 more weeks to go before the school quarter ends. I'll catch up with my reading, my feeling.
Post a Comment