Friday, April 27, 2007

Faith consumed, sustained, renewed?

Last month, I was still hoping for a miracle.  Perhaps dad would miraculously wake up on the Easter Sunday.  Didn't happen.  Perhaps dad would show some sort of recovery at the end of the 45 days, a timeframe the neurosurgeon suggested?  Hm... that would be nice ... since it would be close to my summer break and I can afford more time to go visit dad. Well... don't think that's going to happen.

When wishful thinkings are no longer plausible, what does one hold onto?  What do I hold onto? Is my faith consumed, sustained, or renewed? Time will tell.

By faith Abraham made his home in the promised land like a stranger in a foreign country. Abel, Enoch, Noah, Isaac, Jacob, Joseph, Moses, Rehab, Daniel, .... and many more -- "these people were still living by faith when they died" (Heb 11:13).

I remember Hebrews 11 through the song 因著信 (曲詞:盧永亨) from Foon.  
憑信, 他離別吾珥 ; 因信, 全然奉上愛子 ;
憑信, 還有人全力抓住天使, 贏到祝福, 換了名字 .
憑信, 他行近紅海 ; 因信, 連潮浪也分開 ;
憑信, 曾有人被困於獅子坑內, 仍敬拜上帝, 發誓至死不改!

在某天他下決心圍繞在城外, 憑信放聲呼喊, 城牆便倒塌下來 ;
又有先知被擄他方常在心裡靜待, 仍確信上帝榮耀會回來!

憑信, 他們懷著憑據 ; 因信, 同尋著了應許 ;
憑信, 能夠發現在世間只是寄居, 朝更美家鄉走回去!

No comments: