"求你顯出你奇妙的慈愛來."詩 篇 17:7
Glancing through the beginning part of an online source of Hession's writing suggested by ablogaday, I find some words to describe my present state - a broken will.
Wednesday (4/18). I called Karena on the phone and gave her a brief update on dad. She said, among other things, "好好禱告." After we had hung up the phone, after I had taken care of a few other things, I then thought that I should pray. But then I drew a blank ... I did't know what to pray for. That evening, I spoke to a couple people and they suggested what we could pray for. But then, I had said all I could think of in the past 2.5 months. The next morning, Flora called. Among other things, she also said "好好禱告." I could only manage to close my eyes and feel the presence of God. That's all I can manage.
P.S. Didn't mean to play smart, didn't mean to act rebellious, didn't just mean to vent. "How do I pray?" was a real question. I genuinely consider this a prayer - to close my eyes and feel the presence of God.
P.P.S. Last night (4/20) I had another "prayer" (a.k.a."發爛渣") and felt like I had never prayed so honestly before.
4 comments:
Dearest Big Head
I do have the similar feeling like you for something I have to face recently. And when I was dried, I received this sharing from Nikki and want to share with you:
靈命日糧 - 2007年4月19日
我心安寧
讀經: 詩篇23篇
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
金句: 「耶和華是我的牧者,我必不致缺乏。」(詩篇23篇1節)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
瑪 莉‧威爾契所寫的《比麻雀貴重》(More Than Sparrows)是一本很實用的書,其中談及作者和一群青少年一起探討憂慮的問題。雖然他們是基督徒,但是他們和非信徒一樣為著日常生活的事情憂慮。在她親切地聆聽他們的話時,她靈機一動,決定讓大家玩一個遊戲。進行方式如下:
不說「我很憂慮」,而改說「耶和華是我的牧者」,再加上「所以我憂愁得要死!」學生們都笑了,覺得這真是個荒謬的主意。但是他們都同意來玩這個新創的「我心安寧」遊戲。
之後,瑪莉接到一位年輕女子的電話,說她之前非常擔心接下來的考試。接著她又說:「我今天得告訴妳,這個遊戲幫助了我信靠上帝。當我很擔心時,我就說:『耶和華是我的牧者……所以我害怕會考不及格。』突然,我感覺到一種前所未有的平安,我感到自己很可笑。接著我就去考試,結果我及格了!」
說「耶和華是我的牧者,我憂愁得要死」,不僅是一種思考遊戲,而是它指出憂慮的荒謬。上帝能使用這樣的矛盾,促使我們全心信靠他。JEY
你能禱告,何必憂慮呢?
信靠耶穌,他作你支柱;
不要懷疑,堅信他應許。
你能禱告,何必憂慮呢? Peterson
憂慮是利息,支付借來的麻煩。
May God comfort you, release you and lead you how to talk to Him and experience His care and love unto you.
Yes, it's sometimes tough to pray for 2.5 months but no apparent improvement. But in His time, He has a plan, maybe 25 months, maybe 25 years or maybe 2.5 hours later.
Let's pray together!
雖然不曉得該說些什麽,只想讓你知道有很多B/S用禱告托着牧師和你一家!
> I genuinely consider this a prayer -
> to close my eyes and feel the presence of God.
This is honest and beautiful prayer indeed. God will surely cherish that.
> "How do I pray?"
> I had another "prayer" (a.k.a."發爛渣")
> and felt like I had never prayed
> so honestly before.
God will surely understand the pressure behind this honest prayer. You may want to jump to chapter 10 of Hession's book.
thanks... reading may be for the future ... i'm in a state of reading for distraction ... intellection halted...
Post a Comment