The trauma was ignited by the phone call from a medical social worker half an hour before my lecture. Basically she was to "inform" me that dad would be transferred right away to xxxx, a long-term care facility! I reasoned with her & begged to be given more time so my family could check out the facility plus touch base with the doctor before okay-ing the transfer. Called my sister. A couple students dropped in my office to ask questions in between. Phone rang and dad's doctor called. All happened within half an hour. My head started spinning.
Time for my lecture. Class done. More phone calls, and some episodes took place ... Dad was transferred to another medical facility one and a half day later. My head stopped spinning. That's when I wrote my last blog entry - My New Low.
This has passed. Can I get any lower? One friend said, "Certainly. There'll be more." Whether it's like the story of the footprint in the sand or the story of the paralytic carried by 4 friends (Mark 2:1-3), I was pulled through for yet another week. Dad's, for now, settled in West Covina.
Thanks again to friends who generously and creatively encourage, support, and lend your time and helping hands to pull me through a difficult week. Thanks for your prayers; you probably have prayed for me/my family more than I did. Thanks, Monica. I'll need another blog entry to enumerate all you've done in the past several weeks for me and my family. God bless you all.
2 comments:
Big Head,
It takes quite a long journey for you to travel to and from West Covina. Are you okay?
Keep praying for you!
It's quite ok if I don't get caught in the rush-hour traffic.
Post a Comment