Friday, March 30, 2007

Psalm 37

[Two months after dad's aneurysm rupture, he's about to undergo another operation to fix the VP shunt. It'll be the third attempt to get it working.]

Trust in the Lord and do good (Ps. 37:3). Delight yourself in the Lord and he will give you the desires of your heart (v.4). Commit your way to the Lord; trust in him and he will do this: He will make your righteousness shine like the dawn (v.5).

[In the New Testament, one is called righteous through Jesus Christ, not by one's merit.]


Be still before the Lord and wait patiently for him; do not fret ... (vv.7-8) but those who hope in the Lord will inherit the land (v.9). The meek will inherit the land and enjoy great peace (v.11).
The days of the blameless are known to the Lord, and their inheritance will endure forever. In times of disaster they will not wither; in days of famine they will enjoy plenty (vv.18-19).

[We are blameless because of the blood of Jesus Christ.]

I was young and now I am old, yet I have never seen the righteous forsaken (v.25).

No comments: