Monday, March 05, 2007

Lifeline - the Word of God

"耶和華說、我的意念、非同你們的意念、我的道路、非同你們的道路。 天怎樣高過地、照樣我的道路、高過你們的道路、我的意念、 高過你們的意念。"

These two verses, which I recently quoted, float in my mind just now. How is the promise true in my present circumstance? I don't see it. I'm afraid. I can't be still. But there's really nothing else I can hang onto at this point except His Word.

"In God, whose word I praise, in God I trust; I will not be afraid" (Ps. 56:4).

"Be still, and know that I am God" (Ps. 46:10).

"My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness" (2 Cor 12:9).

"God is ... an ever-present help in trouble" (Ps. 46:1).


{Breathe in, breathe out, breathe in, breathe out ...}

2 comments:

ablogaday said...

"God is God. Because He is God, He is worthy of my trust and obedience. I will find rest nowhere but in His holy will, a will that is unspeakably beyond my largest notions of what He is up to." ~ Elisabeth Elliot

big_head said...

To let God be God is inevitable. When it's a "持久戰," I get exhausted sooner or later.

By now, I have exhausted my physical strength, my positive thinking, my reasoning ability, and my spirituality (i.e. whatever it means).

I also realize that I was relying on my own strength to yield my control. And now I pray for His help to yield and to trust.