Emily has worked as mom's care giver for 16 months. Together, she and I moved mom to the convalescent home yesterday. She packed mom's stuff, helped coax mom to leave the apartment, and handled mom when I didn't know how. When we left mom at the convalescent home, another friend said emily looked more distraught than I did.
The next day I went to mom's old apartment to take Emily to visit mom. She said the moment she saw me, "恩,I couldn't sleep last night because I worried about your mom. When my friends talked to me on the phone, I didn't feel like talking. I cried this morning as I entered your mom's apartment." I told her that we're still observing. If it's not a good place for mom, I'll take her home. I had her helped pack more stuffs and clothes to bring to mom. Among the things she packed was mom's wallet with some dollar bills in it, because she remembers mom likes to take them out and count them numerous time because mom forgets that she's already counted them in her purse. Soon after we arrived at the convalescent home, Emily quickly pointed out some new bruises on mom's hands and face. Mom asked us to take her home as soon as she saw us. There's still much work before mom gets used to the new place and feels at ease being taken care of by a brand new group of people, whose faces she doesn't recognize. Good thing is that mom looked comfortable lying in her new bed, and she would sometimes make short conversation with the nurses, asking out of the blue their marital status. We stayed for about two hours and Emily put mom to sleep. We left feeling more relieved than when we first arrived.
Thanks, Emily.
No comments:
Post a Comment