Thursday, April 29, 2010

mom's prospective home

Thank God for a smooth day that our home aide was able to get mom ready to visit her prospective convalescent home. I didn't think I could do it alone. After I visited the place about 1 month ago with Kammie, I put mom on its waiting list. Thank God for Karena's suggestion to take mom there to check out the place. I can't thank Karena enough for her continual support and presence during critical & crucial times.

After we arrived, Karena quickly drew mom's attention to the fragrant star jasmines planted in front of the building. Mom didn't seem uneasy there, which was a good sign. There are still questions and uncertainties in my mind; however, I remind myself to take one step at a time, and that God has been faithful to provide what He knows the best for us. Mom's still no.2 on the waiting list, which is OK. We're not in a hurry. God has the best timing.

We took mom to dim sum afterwards. Glad that Monica was able to join us and kept us company. Just for the record: during dim sum, I asked mom, "what do you think about the place that we just went?" Mom replied, "what place?" "Do you remember what we did before we come here for lunch?" "We didn't do anything." End of story.

God is good.

2 comments:

Kamfai C said...

this is no easy decision

big_head said...

What you wrote is so true, Kamfai.