It makes sense. It finally makes sense.
Growing love was posted in 3/21. I'm still growing it, as God's teaching me how.
I observe relationships among many of my church brothers/sisters. They pour out their love without reservation when almost any one among the group comes across a personal or family emergency. Yet, during ordinary days, relationships could be "cooler" than a cucumber. As in the world, there're disagreements, strives, non-reconciled situations even though there might not be outward display of verbal fights or antagonism.
I know what it is now. It's phileo that's being practiced. They (or I should say "we") haven't advanced to agape as Jesus taught us.
Missionary Connie shared with us that we need to practice agape among us before we go out to love and sacrifice for strangers. It's a good reminder. Oh.... I think I have the ultimately perfect target right in front of me to practice.
2 comments:
Reminds me of Lewis Smedes' little but power book. It's where I learned about agape love.
Yeah. Time to re-read Smedes. It's been more than two years. Plus, the theme song of our AH trip is from 1 Cor 13:4-8, and I would need to explain the lyric to the kids.
Post a Comment