Saturday, August 04, 2007

My first written response to pornography

Pornography is not something I only recently encounter, but I have not felt the need to say something about it until when some pornographic pictures appear in the blog of one teenager whom I know. Below is my first written attempt to address the issue.  (I'm posting it here, recognizing that we're not immuned to this kind of temptation).

====
xx,

Think critically against what’s considered right by your culture, society, or friends. Just because these pictures proliferate in newspaper, magazines, internet, or even on the street -- doesn’t mean that it’s right to view/circulate them.

The name "Art of the Human Body" -- what these pictures are labelled on the internet-- is a lie! The real name is pornography.

Make no mistake. Pornographic activity, whether posting, viewing, or reading them distorts the core value of a human being and reduce it to a mere sexualized object.

"Above all else, guard your heart, for it is the wellspring of life." Proverbs 4:23
====

No comments: