Tuesday, May 01, 2007

Faith, Hope, and Love



At the beginning of 2007, I resolved to learn about love. As of now, my thought only revolves around faith and hope.

During the past several months I have sometimes doubted in the back of my mind about this "hope," though I often dare not let myself go there -- too dangerous a territory. What if there's no hope? My operating system will collapse. Can't question this now, perhaps. Sometimes I also worry that this kind of blog sharing will stumble others' faith; but I got to be honest and you may pray for me. I also trust that (if God is God) He would be much bigger than my doubt. And He certainly doesn't need my faking it to make Him look good.

5 comments:

ablogaday said...

> I also worry that this kind of
> blog sharing will stumble others' faith.

No, no! The glory of our faith is often revealed not through prosperity but adversity.

I even want to suggest you to highlight some of your blogs in the last few months onto the funeral service programme, just to show the journey you went through as a member of his family. What could be more honest and concrete to honor your dad on leaving you the heritage of faithfulness?

Peace and comfort from the Lord be with you and your family. Amen.

big_head said...

> No, no! The glory of our faith is often revealed not through prosperity but adversity.

Thank you for reassuring me of this.

Faith -- being sure of what we hope for, certain of what we do not see. I can be honest about the fact that I haven't seen that better place. So it's all about faith in His words.

There's a battle going on.

Anonymous said...

Me too, I haven't seen that better place too. While, you're not the (only) exception even you're raised in a Christian family. This is a learning process for each of us. A life-long learning. But never give up! Walk with you.

ablogaday said...

Haven't seen it -- that's the point.

Unknown said...

Neither do I see the entire "better place", but HE loves us so much that HE let us have a glimpse of "IT". HE let us experience HIS LOVE in this world, especially in the difficult times.

What better place will be than returning to HIS LOVE

[Yet, the Bible clearly privileges "love" above the other gifts, as it says "God is love," not "God is peace," even though Jesus, the Prince of Peace, brings peace to man. God IS Love. He doesn't only love us, but He Himself is Love. He is the source.]