Sunday, May 06, 2007

Just for the record

God's really good to my family. This is how I feel now. dad's with Him. we don't need to worry about his well-being anymore.

The past 3 months were for me difficult for the most part and unbearable at times. Having a pastor dad in a coma and a c-mo mom with memory problem don't add up to a "blessed" image. However, if you went through the time like I did with the juicy detail, I think you too will come to the conclusion that God's been really good to us.

I don't pretend to know God's timing. Yet, I have become more and more convinced that those 3 months are for the good of me, my sister, and perhaps my mom. God doesn't want to torture us or give us a "trial" for fun. We needed the time.

We told mom yesterday. Of course she's sad and she mourned for the "early" departure of dad. But despite her physical and mental condition, her spitiual stamina and faith amazes me.

To be honest, my faith went through some down times and I'm not sure if my down time's over. Nevertheless, I want to share my thanksgiving and my praise to Him when I can.

2 comments:

ablogaday said...

> Having a pastor dad in a coma and
> a c-mo mom with memory problem
> don't add up to a "blessed" image.


Then what my wife and I went through after we bought our troublesome house is not a "blessed" image too.

> We told mom yesterday...
> despite her physical and mental condition,
> her spitiual stamina and faith amazes me.


Praise the Lord and regards to your mom.

big_head said...

"在面對困境時,上帝看似一直的沉默,到底有多少基督徒能不陷在低谷呢?我不知道,我所認識的基督徒(包括教牧同工)都在不同階段有迷失,甚至氣憤的一刻。人生實在有太多的迷題 ...。隨著信主的日子久了,我越來越體會到真不能用人的經驗去看透神的心意,簡單的答案,並不能解釋真實的處境。經過生命的幽谷的基督徒,才能較為深切體會到上帝是慈愛信實的神,這是很多很多弟兄姊妹的故事。"

from a "Senior-in-Christ"'s email.