
These are some of my favorite art works. I love impressionist paintings, such as the one above by Renoir.
I first saw Nike of Samothrace in the British Museum, and couldn't take my eyes off her. So glad to be able to download pictures so easily from the internet now.

The picture I recently uploaded and posted at the sidebar was not downloaded. I took it myself last year when I visitied Rijksmuseum in the Netherlands.
3 comments:
Wow, wow, wow...
Impressionist paintings are my favourite too. But instead of Renoir, I prefer Cezanne, Monet and Matisse. The paintings of the latter 2 are esp great for wallpapers.
I also had a chance of seeing Nike of Samothrace 20+ years ago, and I agree that it is really capturing. I think the way they put it, right at the central staircase in the main hall suits the piece very much.
You're so right. Whoever decided to put it there is a genius.
If I remember correctly, there's also this painting, "The Ambassadors," in the London National Gallery. It was hung on the wall at one end of a long corridor. When I finished viewing another group of art works from the other side, I would be facing the painting hanging on the wall from a distance. The perspective through the calculated distance between the painting and a visitor like me, with consideration of the sizes of these two figures in the painting, would present these figures like two real people standing in front of the wall across the hall!
Post a Comment