Monday, November 06, 2006

Keyboard malfunction

atftfedr ij accijededntfaololy spijololeded qwatfedr oln my noltfedbololk colmputfedr olastf Satfureday, ijtf]'s nolqw actfijngh up!

translation:

"after i accidentally spilled water on my notebook computer last Saturday, it's now acting up!"

(i have to delete all the extra characters every time after typing anything.)

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

So I know why you named yourself as "Big Head" finally. Heehee...

ablogaday said...

I'm curious on why you spilled water on your computer, got shocked with Ted Haggard?

If it's not acting up again, I'll recommend you to switch to a Mac...

Anonymous said...

ablogaday

May I know what/who is Ted Haggard? Thank you very much!!

Anonymous said...

The electronics might have gotten soiled. Put it in the fridge for a few hours to dehumidify it to see if it helps.

Although notebooks are cheap these days, try to wait it out till Vista comes out.

big_head said...

wow, a mishap draws a crowd too.

et,

very interesting suggestion. i did that before i left for school today and just took out my notebook from the fridge. doesn't fix the problem. :( it's been about 6 hours. should i wait longer?

on my way home, i stopped by a friend's place and borrowed her extra keyboard ... and plugged it in ...that's why i can type now.

big_head said...

Foon:

Ted Haggard is recently on the news because of some allegations and of the fact that he was the senior pastor of the New Life Church and the president of the National Association of Evangelicals. We don't know if the allegation's true or not, but he has resigned.

Every now and then, we hear some prominent religious figures associated with scandals. It's not a good feeling because no matter the damage is done. Not many people will find out the truth -- all they read is the headline about the allegation.

big_head said...

Ablogaday:

You are very updated with world news! I'm impressed, especially with you busy life.

No, I spilled water because I was half asleep while drinking and typing at the same time. Never bring any drink near my desk again.

ablogaday said...

Dear BigHead, next time you sleep first and then wake up before dawn -- I find this is a much more efficient way of working.

I'm busy "mosawsisi-ing" ma! Read Haggard's own letter to his church.

Nobody responds to my Macintosh gospel...

big_head said...

just read the "Haggard'sown letter" link. {big sigh.} It sounds sincere to me.

I have witnessed a "not totally different letter but less severe" read in my church several years ago. I also know some (not big shot like Haggard) struggling to deal with the aftermath after being caught! Not a pretty sight, but it makes life real, and it makes grace absolutely necessary.

p.s. also just click the mac link -- doesn't say it's waterproof!

Anonymous said...

All new desk/lap top purchase will come with a free Vista download code when it's released. How about blow-dry your keyboard?

big_head said...

Thanks. Seems like everyone offers some good ideas.

I was told to use the "cool air" option, but my blowdryer only has the hot air option... does it matter?

my latest attempt involved taking the key caps off, and then using Q-tips.... that work somewhat. At least now i'm using the keys on my notebook, not the peripheral keyboard. The only "short" keys now seem to be the touch pad, and L, R clicks.

Anonymous said...

btw, as much as I hate hypocrites, (i.e. preach one thing and do the opposite), let's refrain from commenting on Ted Haggard, we all have skeletons in our closet that we're hiding. The question is if the "modern-day pharisees" have made people so unreal and so pretentious, especially in church environment, that we are afraid to be vulnerable to seek help and share our struggles?

Anonymous said...

JC endorses the Pharisees' teachings but warns against their practices(Matt 23:1-2). So just focus on God and not the rise/fall of His servant.The concept of "edification" hindered us to share our personal struggles in church environment. I consider there are 2 kinds of edification. The shallow and the deep. Only the matured Christian can comprehand the latter.