Wednesday, June 14, 2006

I'm going

I wasn't sure, but three of my friends said i should go to my commencement. (If you said I should go, you are one of the three who has successfully convinced me.)

Hm... would it be too late to rent the cap & gown? Would it be expensive? Are my parents even available on Thursday? How about my sister?

Alright, one problem at a time. yesterday morning, i finally sat down and checked online about renting the cap & gown; not too bad, just type in my height and the size of my head (!), and, of course, pay for it. Thanks to Harold, who works at UCLA and a brother at FCBC, helped pick up the "costume" for me. He saved me a trip to UCLA.

Next, call my dad. Not home. Mom hanged up before I got to say it.

Next, email my sister. OK. She replied that she's going.

Try calling my dad again. Yes, he and mom are going.

Now I have another problem -- should I iron the gown? The hood looks complex, even with an instruction sheet explaining in steps 1-2-3 how to wear it ....

There shouldn't be too many more problems, though. I'll have to solve everything by 7pm tomorrow.

2 comments:

Amy said...

I think I am one of the three people, not sure. No need to iron your gown, just put it in the dryer together with a damp towel, it will take care of the wrinkles. Dan tried it, it worked very well. Take some pictures, want to see Dr. Tam in her cap and gown.

big_head said...

no doubt about it, you're definitely one of the 3!

i went & took some pictures. will take some more this Friday before returning the gown. stay tuned. :)