My dissertation deals with the music of Henry Purcell, a 17th-century English composer. Because a large percentage of Purcell's domestic sacred songs revolves around the subject of "death and dying," I did a fair amount of research and discuss this subject in one of my chapters. I read works of primary and secondary sources, which reveal how people back in the 13th- to the 17th-century viewed and confronted this inevitability.
Interestingly, Paul E. Little's 3-page discussion in How to Give Away Your Faith, written in the 20th century, contains similar insight: "Death ceases to be an unknown...it is simply the servant that ushers us into the presence of the living God whom we love." Below is my green attempt to translate snippets from these 3 pages:
主耶稣能替人解决死亡所带来的恐惧。 当我们年青力壮的时候,「死亡」好像只是一个学术讨论题目;因为我们不认为死亡很快会到访,所以也不太思想这问题。 在约翰福音11:25 《环球圣经新译本》,耶稣对于「死亡」的回应是,「我就是复活和生命;信我的人,虽然死了,也要活著。」 当我们认识主耶稣,与他有实在的关系(personal experience), 他能解决死亡所带来给我们的恐惧。
死亡不再是 an unknown, 而是一"过度"将我们带到永活的神跟前。就凭著这认知, 保罗挑战的写以下几句话: 「死亡啊!你的胜利在哪里?死亡啊!你的毒刺在哪里?」 (林前15:55)《新译本》。对于死亡, 我们可以期望一极 dynamic 的经历。
当然,我们现在也只是纸上谈兵. 笔者(Paul E. Little)分享他几年前经历心脏手术的心路历程: 虽然一宗心脏手术有不错的成功率, 但是病人也可因为74个出错机会中的任何一个出错而死亡. 我永不会忘记--做手术的那早上,一股完全是从外头来的喜乐和平安涌进我心里。 如果我曾想过, 当面对死亡时候, 「正面思想」(positive thinking)可能「变出」平安, 这想法从那天起便烟烧云散了。** 我知道在我里头没有这能力去面对生命危机 ... 那早上的经历让我确定「主耶稣能替人解决死亡带来的恐惧」的事实。
正因为主耶稣确实胜过死亡和解决它带来的恐惧, 任何人要解决「怕死」 的问题, 就要相信,接受主耶稣成为他/她的个人救主。
** Little 写得好! Even tho' I still 纸上谈兵 -- or not, see music spec. for my big day -- I believe that when death comes closer as a personal reality, I am able to prove the Antidote true!
如何相信,接受耶穌成為個人救主?
请按此读英文解释, 按此读简体中文, 按此讀繁體中文.
No comments:
Post a Comment