I have consistently left one set of keys everywhere ever since I separated all my keys into two piles: one personal, one work-related. Well, I attempted to be more organized; that didn't work.
There must have happened at least 4 to 5 times in the past two weeks, twice yesterday alone. I couldn't find my work keys when I left home yesterday. I knew they must have been left at school. It was within school's normal hours so I was able to borrow from the office secretary her copy. Then after teaching the evening class, exiting the classroom with all the books, notes, extra handouts, I fished in my bag for my keys to the office so that I could get my purse and leave. Not so. Couldn't find the keys again. But it's gotten so late that everyone in the office left. I know there're campus police. But where to find one?
Fortunately, a campus police showed up soon to lock up the building. He opened a couple rooms for me to find my keys.
Now the two sets of keys are merged back to one set. And I know the extension number of campus police as x3700. I also find out that there's campus phone outside the building and the blue button will connect me with the campus police.
3 comments:
I did forget my keys too, but my home key! I locked myself outside home for more than 10 times since I moved here for around 10years. In the past, I just borrow a ladder from my neighbour and climb back home. But I had to drill the lock the last time I forgot the key since the neighbour moved and I could not find any ladder long enough to reach my flat. I did something I should have done long before, change the door lock to one that I have to lock it by the key. I wish I do not need to climb the ladder again.
Wai
Oh... you were in bigger trouble. Drill the lock? You didn't get mistaken as a thief?
How about give a spare set of home keys to a friend who lives near by? You can call him/her when you forget again. We do that among friends here.
Well, I think I just didn,t do that because 1) I don't want to trouble them 2)I usually come home late ....11pm. 3) They are quite far away by public transport, if I forget my keys usually means all my keys including the car key. I usually found that I forgot my key after I shut the door. So I cannot go out or going back home.
I live in small community and I am familiar with most of my neighbours, and they are used to my climbing back home!!! If they see me doing that they will just say "hey, you forget your key again! be careful"
Wai
Post a Comment