Tuesday, December 04, 2007

3 Pray & Relate opportunitiees

Couple years ago, I learned the Pray and Relate strategies from a workshop put together by Heaven Together, which I then shared with my fellowship. For each of the ten stages that describes a seeker's interest in Jesus (Fig.5), there's a suggested Bible verse to use along to pray for that individual.   I have included stages 1 to 3 below (Fig.6-Fig.8).

Lately, opportunities to pray and relate seem to present themselves. Just last week, I had the joy of relating the gospel in various degrees to 3 non-Christian individuals.

1. The mom of my piano student has been reading (and borrowing) the 《中信 》 hardcopy on my coffee table while his son takes lesson.   I gave her an invitation to our church evangelistic meeting and Christmas worship.

For me, it's the beginning of having a spiritual dialogue with her, even though she may not go and that the only "spiritual" subject of our conversation now is church event.

2. I shared John 1:12 with a former Chinese student via email. I simply explained to him the meaning of all the keywords in that Bible verse and the idea that all men have sinned.  And I engaged him by asking, "What do you think about what the Bible says?"  

3. I went to see this 60+ year old Chinese-medicine doctor for the first time. (The one I normally consult gets too popular and requires long queuing time.)  I don't know how it happened but I said to him that it's good to believe in Jesus and invited him to church on Sunday. He declined. But at the end of my consultation, he took out a phone bill from AT&T and asked me to translate for him.

I guess it's a good sign that he asked for my help, as that means he thinks Christians are supposed to be helpful people!


Fig.1


Fig.2


Fig.3


Fig.4


Fig.5


Fig.6


Fig.7


Fig.8


Fig.9

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Bravo, keep on the good work. God will guide you step by step.




In Christ,
Wai

big_head said...

Wai,

Thank you for your encouragement. Yes, God will guide step by step.