My smartest, most diligent 12-year old piano student wrote down his practice time on his notebook, as I requested. When I added up the time, it's a total of 8 hours.
"How come you put in so much practice last week?" I wondered with delight.
"You said you would decide this week whether I could take Level 6 exam. I was worried that I wouldn't pass [and be allowed to take the exam next year]." He answered.
Truthfully, the kid's mom has sort of rushed him through various levels of exams and I do want him to work on the finger techniques and sight-reading skills before sending him to another exam. But I don't have the heart to say "no" to him who worked so hard last week.
"Good work, Jonathan. Do you enjoy playing piano?" I asked.
"Yes."
"I hope that you do not practice just to take exams but that you would enjoy and appreciate music."
"OK."
2 comments:
Hi Godmother, I'm going to high school!!
Hello Matthew, that's exciting. When does the new school term begin?
(By the way, even if you don't have a blogger ID, I think you can leave choose NAME/URL to leave your name. Isn't it much better than staying Anonymous?)
Post a Comment