My ups and downs flip more frequently than they are reflected on my blog. I felt that I've projected an image too unscathed from life, too rosy, too optimistic here for myself.
The culprit of my down this round is realizing that even though mom's physical needs have pretty much been taken care of, her emotional needs have hardly been touched...
Getting old, being dependent on others for basic needs suck big time.
7 comments:
Up on Sun and down on Tue...
"Where there is great love there are always miracles." ~ Willa Cather
I won't doubt your love towards your mom, so turn your eyes upon it rather than the problems or troubles.
Pray for you and your mom...
Thanks for your prayer and for the quote.
My ups and downs flip more frequently than they are reflected on my blog. I felt that I've projected an image too unscathed from life, too rosy, too optimistic here for myself.
The culprit of my down this round is realizing that even though mom's physical needs have pretty much been taken care of, her emotional needs have hardly been touched...
Getting old, being dependent on others for basic needs suck big time.
... and feeling you can doing about it sucks even worse...
I was able to check on her today after class. I need to get her some toy. Today we played tic-tac-toe, and she seemed pretty happy.
Maybe I overreacted.
Still, thanks for your prayer. I appreciate it.
Afterthought on this and the previous blog entry:
re: "Life sucks AND God's good"
There's no contradiction, is there?
God makes our lives suck in order to make Him looks good. -- a myth
A man sins and so his life sucks. -- the truth.
Life sucks and I found a good God (or God found me). -- such comfort!
God's good and so our lives soothed, not sucked. -- the good news
P.S. actually I wanted to write "... and feeling you can DO NOTHING about it sucks even worse..." but somehow what's been written still makes sense...
I agree with you 100%.
P.S. I knew you had meant "...and feeling you can DO NOTHING about it sucks even worse...
Post a Comment