As much as I learn about this election, including various Christian views (left and right), and become engaged with the issues at stake, I come away with being less obsessed with who're going to end up being the P and VP.
I'm thankful that we get to voice our opinions through casting our votes. No matter who wins the election, it's still going to messy, and we'll need to pray for our country, our government, and the president.
...God not only ordains ends but also commands and ordains means....
(1) The fact that God ordains all things (i.e., his secret will) has a limited effect on our decision making. It can't prescribe how we act, but it can prevent us from having the wrong perspective (e.g., anxiety, fear, despair, misplaced trust, etc.). ...
(2) The fact that God ordains means ensures that our actions have significance. The ordained outcome can never be seen as an excuse for complacency or fatalism.Quoted from Between Two Worlds
No comments:
Post a Comment