
Just watched this Korean movie "
For Horowitz" on the internet, which I heard of from
Foon. I enjoyed and liked it. I got such a laugh from the parents in the movie -- most think and claim that their kids are talented, musical, got absolute pitch, able to play on the piano by ear. In real life, most parents are like that. And in real life, there simply aren't that many Mozarts! Besides giving me some good laughs (and some touching scenes), the movie also got me thinking -- is it more important to let my piano kids feel loved or to help them develop music skills? My answer depends on the type of kids I have on hands, which are well-groomed, much-loved already, privileged. Occasionally, one or two will show attitude problems, which I would immediately snub. On top of that, I doubt that their parents send them to me to feel loved. Alright, question answered. I'll remain tough and be the stern one!
2 comments:
You're tough but,
常常自己忍不住笑...
By the way, thanks for remembering and your quote.
Post a Comment