Thursday, August 28, 2008

Moving ... with gratitude

Even though it's only a 2-3 mile move, it's still a good opportunity to do clean-up and simplify things. Other business includes transferring gas, electricity, phone & internet services, making address changes. That's what I've been doing in the past week.

I'll move from an apartment to a house. Besides the fact that I now can allocate a room for piano teaching, I can get the feel of living in a house and see how I like it. Hopefully, I won't have to worry too much about disturbing others because of playing the piano.

The day I returned from Anhui, China, Karena called me and told me about the availability of a house. She's been mindful of my need to move and helped arrange me to see it. She saved me a lot of time searching for a suitable place! As it turns out, my landlord also goes to the same church.

Thanks to friends at church who help me move & who provide me with boxes, I am only hiring a professional piano mover. Other friends asked to help pack, but I don't have that much stuff to pack. Still, thank them for offering their service. Herrick, leaving before me moving for a cruise, found Mark and helped me move a 3-seated couch with his pickup truck last night. His right arm was hurting before the move .... I hope it heals quickly.

There was a warm surprise: 8 friends chipped in $ and bought me a nice refrigerator. How thoughtful! One friend phoned in while I was driving to the shop and arranged the salesman to give me a discount. That was timely!

Hm... even though the new home is transient, I still hope to make it a place full of God's blessings.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your new home must be full of God's blessings!!!

Because He loves you!

By the way, happy birthday to you!!

Anonymous said...

Oh, sorry, it's HK time 1/9/2008, not LA time....

big_head said...

Thank you, Foon, for being timely every year!

Remembering you are also in the process of moving your home.

Anonymous said...

Thank you ah!
God's blessings be with us!!