Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Anhui (安徽) again

Anhui again. Air tickets have been booked.

***


I reconnected with Lily Wong (now Lily Ma), a family friend. What a surprise. I still remember taking music theory lessons from her dad with her and my sister. Was I in elementary school then? Even though we're not close, we were roommates briefly while I returned to stay in Hong Kong.

She joined Friends of Anhui last year and will be going this year. She's the one who's assigned to help with my flight booking. That's how she got my number and called me.

I heard last year there were about 50 people in the team split into various cities. It may be about the same size this year. I don't know which city I'll be assigned or most of the people. Reconnecting with Lily made me think "not-knowing" could get really interesting. Nervous ....

***


... maybe I'm nervous not because of the Anhui trip but because of my lecture tomorrow. Someone is going to be there to give me peer evaluation.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Try your best..... let Jesus take care of the rest. (not even you cannot perform your best)
Wish you a fruitfull trip in Anhui!



In Christ,
Wai


ps sorry for my be.......lated thank you for the birthday wishes.

big_head said...

Thanks, Wai, for reminding me to look up.