In the Sunday sermon, Rev. Chun Chi Paul Ng shared that,
If there's a 1-minute opportunity to share the gospel, read 1 Cor 15:3-4, "For what I received I passed on to you as of first importance: that Christ died for our sins according to the Scriptures, that he was buried, that he was raised on the third day according to the Scriptures."
If there's a 3-minute opportunity, read the two verses above, and explain the meaning of Jesus's crucifixion and resurrection for our sin.
If there's a 10-minute opportunity, read the two verses, explain the meaning of Jesus's crucifixion and resurrection for our sin, and share our own conversion testimony.
When I was a graduaute student in a dissertation writing class, I was asked to explain my dissertation in 1 minute, 2 minutes, and longer duration. Now as a professor, I would give my students similar drill to explain their term papers in 1 minute as well as in longer duration. It's an exercise to help them focus on the main point and attain a persuasive, well-shaped presentation.
I thought: why not apply it in evangelism? Thanks, Foon, for the summary of Rev. Ng's sermon.
9 comments:
Dearest Big Head
You're welcome indeed!
And thanks for the quote and the perfect translation! Thank you very much!
Actually, Rev. Ng did teach us more, for example, he emphasized to us that:
領受了,就要傳出去.
不是領受了,就收埋...
His preach is so good, so impressive and so encouraging!!
May God bless and use!
I also benefit from what you added in your blog comment, especially:
上門靈修.
I totally buy this idea from my discipleship training years ago with William and May. Portable 靈修, portable fellowship ... bring it with us when we do visitation.
Me too, I also benefit from William and May's ministry years ago. And they did great things all the time.
> His preach is so good, so impressive and
> so encouraging!!
Too bad I missed this great sermon by Rev Ng!
Ablogaday:
Welcome back from 成都.
ablogaday
You may borrow the DVD from church ah... It worths watching again and again.
係喎!多謝提醒!
Not at all la...
領受了,就要傳出去.
不是領受了,就收埋嘛...
我想起自己一個相似的領受...
Post a Comment