Monday, November 26, 2007

Jesus holds victory over death

"But for you who fear my name, the Sun of Righteousness will rise with healing in his wing. And you will go free, leaping with joy like calves let out to pasture."

Malachi 4:2 (NLT)


Billy Graham shared in the prayer letter dated November 2007 of the above verse. The Reverend Richard Bewes mentioned it during the private burial service of Graham's wife Ruth Bell.

This is the hope for Christians. Death is still brutal and ugly, but Jesus has victory over it.

Remembering friends whose parents passed away in the last six months since my dad's passing: Victor's mom, Kammie's dad, Tracy's dad, Coral's dad, Turia's mom, Yvonne's dad, and Yuen yee's mom.

2 comments:

ablogaday said...

A nice rewrite of this entry since its pull-over, BigHead.

big_head said...

You're quick! The previous title doesn't sound right.

I met the Rev. Bewes at All Souls Church in London years ago. Eugene (Yu-hin) introduced me the church. I enjoyed the worship services there so much that I returned there everytime I was in London.