Wednesday, October 10, 2007

The return of my research nerve

It's been more than 2 years since I finished my dissertation. I've been telling myself that I'm done with doing research, writing and publishing academic papers for good. I have had enough of 17th-century music history.

That seems to have changed. This morning, as I dug into my box of dissertation materials and searched online through www.jstor.org to look for an article for my graduate seminar, I find myself wanting to read more. I am curious again about the subject matter. Hm... maybe I'll do something about it.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Though it's time and strength-consuming, it's knowledge and insight enriching.

Very good!!

ablogaday said...

My problem is probably that my research nerve is too strong -- whatever topic I come across, I want to read more, find out more, and more... I spent so much time on finding out more that I left too little time for what I should do.

This is why I'm the kind of person who is 好似周身刀不過無張利.