After teaching my first evening class, I couldn't sleep until 5am in the morning; my mind was too wound up. I later discovered from talking with a professor from another department that it's a common problem that evening-class instructors face. Upon hearing my complaint of insomnia, another professor (from my department) replied, "that's why professors drink!"
How do I unwind in the evening? Red wine and C.S. Lewis's Chronicles of Narnia. I re-read the entire series.
5 comments:
Big head
Wish you're feeling much better today!
Next time, when we meet, shall we drink the red wine together?
So a professor you want to be? Is this the career path you're heading for, or are you going to be some pop music composer and arranger, ha!?
Your students are looking foreward for your eye-opening "drunk lecture"!
Foon:
Sure. Let's plan for it.
Ablogaday:
I'm totally not the "pop music" type. In fact, I'm 300 years behind our time. Professor or not -- will see how God leads la. Landing on this teaching gig is of very little (if any) merit of mine.
Anonymous:
I don't drink before my lecture. My absent-mindedness and forgetfulness is from my "normal" self, not influence of alcohol.
Big head, thanks!!!
Post a Comment