Thanks to Pearl, her friend Angus gave me a CD with the Cantonese version of "You Raise Me Up" rendered by 張崇基, 張崇德, 劉美娟. Hearing the song brings back warm-hearted and beautiful memories of my Tong Cheng friends.The Friends of Anhui (安徽之友) are getting ready to fly to Anhui again this year. Regretfully, I won't be going. Still, I wonder how the kids are doing. I wonder about their university entrance exam. I wonder about them ...
Searching through my past blog entries, I'm surprised that I have not once mentioned the song "You raised me up" in any of my Tong Cheng reminiscence. It's one of the songs we taught the kids and many just loved it. Here's the long overdue lyric of the first stanza and the chorus:
When I am down and, oh my soul, so weary;
When troubles come and my heart burdened be;
Then, I am still and wait here in the silence,
Until you come and sit awhile with me.
You raise me up, so I can stand on mountains;
You raise me up, to walk on stormy seas;
I am strong, when I am on your shoulders;
You raise me up: To more than I can be.
When troubles come and my heart burdened be;
Then, I am still and wait here in the silence,
Until you come and sit awhile with me.
You raise me up, so I can stand on mountains;
You raise me up, to walk on stormy seas;
I am strong, when I am on your shoulders;
You raise me up: To more than I can be.
No comments:
Post a Comment