Saturday, June 02, 2007

維他, 肥爸爸, 忌廉仔

It must have been a while -- when I opened my phonebook, 99% of the phone numbers/addresses of friends are clearly outdated. Some have moved because of work, some moved because they got married, some got rich, and some bought a house. Then I saw this name Rita (維他). I knew her from working at BA Asia in Hong Kong "n" years ago. There were like 10-15 of us, boss and workers, who would hang out and do things together - things like going to Lamma Island for seafood on a Friday evening, playing squash, hiking, ...etc.

Although we weren't from the same department, we worked on the same floor. Rita and I got along really well because we talked nonsense all the time. Her entire family consists of her husband 肥爸爸 and her son 忌廉仔. (They called me 龜姐姐.) Her son was in elementary school then. And now, he's getting his Master degree in Australia.

I can still remember her home number by heart. But then, she's moved. Wait, I have a cellphone number written down. I called ... and her husband picked up the phone! Bingo. We spoke for a long time. That feels so good.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hey Grace...Haven't chatted to you for a long long time...I would love to chat to you on the phone...email me and let me know your updated phone # when you have spare time...can't wait... :)

Arthur