Thursday, May 26, 2011

愛 ...still

"[Love] bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things."

Winding down our last study of the Agape series through the passage of 1 Cor 13:4-7, I have learned that the progression of the four verbs (bears, believes, hopes, and endures) in v.7 leads to the idea that love doesn't quit. John MacArthur noted, "It's Jesus, Jesus on a cross, bearing, throwing a mantle over their sin, believing, knowing that out there there were those that would believe, hoping that they would come to Him and enduring in the end while they spit on Him with the words, 'Father forgive them.'"

身邊發生了點事情,令我看到「罪」的destructive power,罪的種子可以小到令人不容易察覺,但罪就是罪,不處理的結果是嚴重的。。。但是原來「愛能遮掩許多的罪」(彼前4:8)。 Love covers a multitude of sins. Love will draw a veil over them. I need this covering, and I would want to provide this covering for others, through love. 為著身邊的事情難過了多天,今早睡夢中聽到幾首詩歌,醒後記得其中一首的音調,上網翻查,原來是「使團」的: 「愛的印記

從網上讀到一個半新半舊的20世紀愛情天梯故事,是一股清新的affirmation。

2 comments:

Kamfai C said...

I wonder why you added "...still" in the title.

big_head said...

Oh... that. I wrote about "love" a few times in the past, that is one reason. The entry was written when my mind was very much overwhelmed by seeing the destruction power of Sin. It is out of some kind of desperation, I came to think of God's solution to Sin, which is to love via sending Jesus into this world. Love is the antidote of Sin. No wonder the greatest commandment is about love, loving God and loving others. Perhaps a clearer title should be, "love, regardless" or "仍是去愛"or "仍是寫愛"