Saturday, May 30, 2009

Trusting

There's a decision to be made, a road to be taken. It's scary. And I was burdened.

Thank God that there's someone I can phone to share and to pray with. I didn't call my closest friend. I called someone who's faithful to intercede for others.

During our prayer time over the phone, I was able to unload my burden, and a devotional passage I read two days ago came to mind:

"This I call to mind, and therefore I have hope" (Lamentations 3:21) "... As a general principle, if we would exercise our memories more wisely, we might, in our very darkest distress, strike a match that would instantaneously kindle the lamp of comfort... Let us open the volume of recollection, which is so richly illuminated with memories of His mercy, and we will soon be happy" (Charles H. Spurgeon).

These are some of the snippets that I remember:

Three years ago God gave me a teaching job. Of course I sent out my CV, but the job was offered to me without an interview. The amazing thing is, without a professional or teaching mentor, the courses which I've been asked to teach felt almost like tailor-made clothes. My teaching assignment always stretched a bit of what I could do at the time.

My piano teaching schedules and the number of students I have, for the most part, also seem to have been handled by a heavenly secretary. Whenever my week is overwhelmed or my workload needs to be lightened, some students would ask to re-schedule or get sick.

Do I trust Him this round? Yes, I do.

God, help me sustain this "I do."

No comments: