To solve the problem, I was going to replace the old phone-plate. The new one was bought several months ago.

I couldn't unscrew the old one because my set of screwdrivers was too mini for the task.

And so, I bought a regular-size one. Still that didn't work. The screw was so glued to the plastic cover because of the old paint.

One friend suggested that I use some paint remover or nail polish remover, which I did. After using Q-tips to wipe the area several times, the screw remained unloosened.
Suddenly, it occurred to me that I could wipe the plug-in area instead of the screw with some nail polish remover.

Voila. Here's the delightful outcome. It turns out that the solution to the annoying problem is so simple. The nail polish remover has been sitting on the shelf but I didn't think of using it sooner. I didn't even have to buy the new wall-plate or screwdriver.
Life lesson: sometimes it's not whether the problem one faces is big or small, but whether one can find a solution.
No comments:
Post a Comment