We were having piano lesson in one of the rooms and I began to smell something like automobile exhaust fumes. Ethan could smell it too. I then remembered that I was boiling water quite a while ago, so I ran to the kitchen. Ethan was following me around but I asked him to stay put because my instinct wanted to keep him away from the "danger zone." (Note that he's the kind of kid who would ask even before going to the washroom to wash his hands. However, he didn't ask this time.)
While in the kitchen, I realized that I forgot to cover the "whistler" kettle with its lid. No wonder there was no whistling sound when the water was boiling. By the time I smelled something, the glass kettle was all dry up, the glass above the handle was melting and creating some white smoke! I turned off the stove, and quickly opened all the doors, windows.
After the lesson was over, Ethan immediately went to the kitchen (again without asking me) in search of the burned/melted glass tea kettle. I'm simply amused to see how boy got excited when something got destroyed.
No comments:
Post a Comment