Saturday, June 14, 2008

Need to move?

I have thought of moving.  There're several reasons -- one of them is my piano teaching activity.   It's simply not ideal that my neighbors have to put up with the noise because of the paper-thin wall.  In fact, I looked for places to move but haven't found one.  And then I put off the search. A letter that arrived today from the property management company puts the need on the top priority.  

That's stressful!

So, I turned to the One above.  Thanksgiving.  1. Thankful that I know which two classes I would be teaching in the Fall.  Although it's not a signed contract, having an idea is a plus already.  2. Thankful that my fever has gone down.  3. Thankful that the room arrangement in the fellowship retreat next weekend has unexpectedly accommodated me, who's a light sleeper.  God really knows that I'm a light-sleeper.  I remember two years ago in the Anhui mission trip I was given a single-room by-chance!

Subsequently, I read today's devotion passage: Genesis 32:3-32.

1 of the 2 sets of questions asked is : What is good, and what is defective in Jacob's prayer in verses 9-12? Was he relying most upon God, or upon his own resourcefulness? If the former, ought he to have been so greatly afraid (verse 7)? Cf. Mk.4:40; 5:36.

Right on. I'm totally anxious and fearful. Then I looked up the reference verses in Mark 4:40 and 5:36. In both verses, Jesus told the people not to fear but have faith.

What do I learn? I don't know. Perhaps it's time to move. Perhaps it's time to face some changes. I really thank God for knowing how little faith I have and give me his timely message.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Dear God,

I commit Grace into Thy hand 'cause I don't know what to do and I know You know exactly what You are going to do. I pray that in Jesus' name that Grace will still stay at her residence without issues. I pray that things will get resolved quickly and peacefully within this week because this will bother Grace to serve You and it is a nuisance to go through this when we are less than 1 month before the trip. God, indeed I pray for a future residence so that Grace can teach music freely and joyfully not to just make a living but to live and have a good testimony for You. Lord, it is a long shot because I really don't know what You are going to do next but we do know that God You are in control at all times and You are the only One that we turn to when we are helpless.

In Jesus' name I pray.

C.