It was at the second Anhui meeting in April when the forty of us found out which of the four cities in Anhui we'll be dispersed to. I knew then that I would be going to Tongling City (铜陵) with a group of 7 adults, including myself, and 4 kids.There wasn't much time for team-building since we needed to take care of a lot of business/logistic decisions right away. Two weeks ago we're done with all the planning meetings -- a total of 4 meetings with the big Anhui team, 3 with the Tongling team in two and a half months.
Every time after a meeting, I felt rushed and tired, not enpowered, not more prepared. By the end of the last meeting, I still haven't recognized all the faces, nor could I remember the names of the kids in my own Tongling team. That's not good.
But something's been changing in the the past 2-3 weeks. I don't know how it happens; yet, there's a growing sense that we're in this together, as if the Holy Spirit is pulling us together while working on us individually to make us fit for the task. There's no more bickering (not that there were a lot to begin with), and there're a lot less self-centered comments and thinkings (from me, at least). I feel differently -- it's not 7 individuals with kids; it's a team.
I can tell you almost for sure that this change has very little--if any at all--to do with all the planning meetings. If you've seen any Narnia movie or read C.S. Lewis' Chronicles of Narnia, it's like the children grow stronger, ready for the battle by breathing the air in Narnia.
This is magical!
1 comment:
I agree with you ... the 'magic' or 'secret sauce' is the Holy Spirit - a power we often neglected to draw to. Actually, it will come in His time. Just ask for it.
Post a Comment