A friend asked me, "What do you do for fun?"
I thought and then answered, "......"
"I mean something that you enjoy doing. It energizes you. You look forward to doing it. How about going to the beach, reading a good book, going to a movie?" My friend didn't take my answer as an answer, for good reasons.
I asked myself again today, "What do I do for fun?" Yes, I used to like reading and I used to like a few things. But I haven't had time to do any of these fun things for .... I don't even remember how long. The last time I watched a movie was Narnia - The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe, that was 3 years ago. The last time I went to the beach was ... when I lived in West LA. The last time I went bowling was ... 20 years ago.
I need to look at how I spend my time to make some changes.
6 comments:
Isn't it fun or enjoyable for you to play a piece of music?
Wai
Blogging, meeting old friends (esp overseas), sharing your thoughts, exchanging ideas... (It'd be much fun if you go to a movie, to the beach or bowling with friends and B&S rather than alone, isn't it?)
Listening to Petra, reading Nouven, browsing old photos, buying another pot of flower, buying new dresses, sitting on the sofa to enjoy a cleaned house by yourself...
Wai,
Sadly, I haven't played piano for fun for a long, long time. I play only for work. {Big sigh.}
Anyway, things should be better now. I should soon be able to afford the time to do things for myself. Just need to get in the mood.
Ablogaday,
Thanks for noting that I did do this and that. Otherwise, I wouldn't see it. Blogging is fun, no doubt. Given a choice, however, I would much rather do it face to face.
Also, I happened to be reminded last week that there's a different world out there. Feel so "out."
Big head
You will see a lot of friends face to face again very soon la...
By the way, how do you think your trip to Anhui?
It's a trip for ministry and a trip for fun. Enjoy!
Foon, the Anhui trip is ALOTOF work. :)
OIC.
But I wish there would be fun inside.
Post a Comment