
Moving the CD player from the living room to the kitchen/dining area gives me great pleasure! Now when I clean the kitchen, I can have some audio entertainment.

Besides books, there are few things that I keep over a long period of time as I'm frequently on the move. But there's this music folder, which has stayed with me for many years and may be considered my "earthly" treasure. The folder contains music scores that I've accumulated over the years. (I started collecting song-sheets since secondary school.) Among these music scores is one of my favorite oldies, Simon and Garfunkel's Bridge Over Troubled Water. The musical arrangement was put together with a gospel kind of feel.
4 comments:
"Bridge Over Troubled Water" sounds gospel not only in its musical arrangement, but also the lyrics. I have this Central Park concert DVD. I used to have its vinyl LP, then as the recorder retired I hesitated to buy the CD again, then they have this DVD so I bought it without hesitation. It's a great performance. I especially like "Homeward Bound" and "America". Art Garfunkel recently performed in HK but got a bad reputation of having a bad temper backstage, but his voice was still almost perfect on stage.
I also missed the days when b&s came together back at church and sang for no reason after we had lunch after service. Ernest played the guitar, somebody sang and I enjoyed very much singing the background vocals.
those were the good old days. i would say singing with a coterie of like-minded persons is even more fun than karaoke. (i used to think that all church group sing so well. but i was wrong. the Yan-Chiu people are really talented and gifted.)
i feel so blessed to have been raised in a church environment. my best memory from childhood is with the Timothy Fellowship with your wife, Richard's sister Dorothy, my high-school friends Amy and Claudia, the Ying-Wah boys (Ernest, Richard, Tze-Leung, Pigeon, Chau-Ming, Gagoo, Fu-Shing, Jimmy, ...etc) and others. The Christmas caroling was so fun. I believe that we only had 8 people in the choir and Fu-Shing made us learn "For unto us a child is born" from Handel's Messiah!!!!
think I left Yan Chiu Church (shouldn't our church have a real English name, like Called By Grace or something) first, and then you came, right? I know a lot has happened after i left. Oh.... i must have missed a lot of good stuff!
the second period of my good ole days is the time i went back to HK after, with Hung-Kit, Bun-Kit, Wing, Tai-Nin, Mun, Hong-Chiu, Chiu-Wing as the first group, then the Lui-Kwong-Hoi-Ping students as the second wave ... still called Timothy Fellowship! They also sing very well!
You can start a third wave for YCC if you come back, ha!
:)
Post a Comment