Monday, December 04, 2006

AOK - act of kindness

That's the title of today's sermon. And it happens to be the theme of the rerun of an Oprah Winfrey show I'm watching at this hour. About a week or so ago, Oprah during her show gave every person in her audience $1000 and charged each one to use the money to do acts of kindness. The re-run I'm watching now is the fruitful report back from some of the audience using the $ ingeniously and enthusiastically to help people whom they heard/learned to be in dire need. Two sisters started with $2000 and raised $200,000 for a shelter home. One person used the money to buy 4 plane tickets for parents whose children are hospitalized in another town/state/country so that they are able to fly there and spend Christmas with their kids in the hospital. That act inspired the airline companies which then donated 42 more tickets for the cause.

I'm of course not that ambitious, but from now to Christmas, will I be able to do one meaningful act of kindness to someone?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You can if you think you can.
And you have done meaning act of kindness to me just a few days ago... or actually most of the days. Um... I guess not only to me, but to so many people around you indeed.

Thank you!

big_head said...

I hope by 12/25, I'll have another blog entry to report something meaningful done for another person.

I'm used to being very busy during Christmas. I hope this one will be different. Feel like splurging time a little bit over the holiday, doing something that I like, rather than doing something that I have to do.