first day teaching at Cal State - you know the first thing i did today once i was on campus? i was asking strangers for money! 'm serious. Once i parked my car, I realized I didn't have enough money change to buy the daily parking permit from the machine. I spent the next 5-7 minutes under the sun asking people if they had change for $10. Nobody did. Eventually, someone just gave me 50 cents to add to my $1.50 and thus afford me to buy a 4-hour permit!
4 comments:
oh... so then, is that 4-hour permit enough for you to lecture?
Besides, are the people cool in US as in HK? So you have to spent few minutes to ask for help? Or other reasons, eg. they're also big head (shrimp)??
more than enough. my class is two hours only.
on campus, people are generally nice; i guess that not many of them bring enough cash/change. that's all.
i remember the last time i was asking for money was in Tsuen Wan MTR stations many years ago!
Then, did anyone offer help to you?
yes, i got HK$5 that time from someone. :)
Post a Comment