Thursday, September 07, 2006

God's good again!

[Picture at right: this is a plant given to me by my neighbor when she moved out. Because I closed all the windows to keep the dust out when I was away, much of it was heat-burned from the heat trapped within my home. Now it's growing pretty again.]

This morning in my devotion, I remembered my promise to pray for the needs of 4 people. Afterwards I felt like praying for my "boss" and a few work-related items. In my mind I was applying the Bible verse in 1 Timothy 2:1-2, so that I can work peacefully.**

Ha! God answered all of these work-related prayers! I felt great the entire day -- physically not tired after a long day; and got to find out and celebrate a colleague's b/day! It's great! God's good. Hm... I suppose God answered my prayers for the 4 people as well!

Never underestimate the power of prayer! Got to do that again tomorrow.

Oh... my dear friends and Tong Cheng students, I pray that God's blessing be upon you today.

** "I urge, then, first of all, that requests, prayers, intercession and thanksgiving be made for everyone— for kings and all those in authority, that we may live peaceful and quiet lives in all godliness and holiness."

1 Timothy 2:1-2 (New International Version)


"因此,我劝你最重要的是要为万人、君王和一切有权位的恳求、祷告、代求和感恩,好让我们可以敬虔庄重地过平静安稳的日子。"

提摩太前书 2:1-2 <<环球圣经新译本>>

9 comments:

ablogaday said...

I remember the very 1st book I read about prayer has this (not exact wordings):

Prayers made conforming to the will of God is promised to be answered and realized. This is a law, not a miracle.

Obviously what you've prayed is aligned with the Lord's will.

Anonymous said...

You're a very good supplicator indeed! Thanks to God!

By the way, how's you day on this 911? Is it everything okay?

big_head said...

I used to think that people who pray like this must be very strong and "spiritual."

From my own experience, I find myself weak and even helpless when I pray this kind of prayers. Far from being magnanimous, I was just trying to secure my own well-being by securing for the well-being for those who are related to me.

To be truthful, I don't feel very well these days.

Anonymous said...

Are you okay? Have you consulted doctor yet? How are you?

big_head said...

Thanks for your concern, Foon. You're so kind. Actually, it's not physically that I meant.

ablogaday said...

Then consult The Doctor. Take care!

big_head said...

The Doc says, "let go" and "loosen your grip." He's said it for several years now. I'm a slow learner.

"The man who loves his life will lose it, while the man who hates his life in this world will keep it for eternal life." John 12:25.

ablogaday said...

Fulfilling your promise may help you to recap something and learn more a bit.

big_head said...

You're very good at follow ups! Someone's helping me to translate it into Chinese. :) It's coming.