
Mom is a testament of Psalms 23:6, "Surely goodness and lovingkindness shall follow me all the days of my life." It's been a great and constant comfort to see God's providence for my mom in the past several years. Mom and I weren't always on good terms, but God has amazingly turned things around in the last several years, and she is a blessing to me time and time again.
This is what I wrote on FB on the 25th of December,
===
"I am incredibly touched to learn from mom's caregiver that mom sat quietly and put her two hands together and prayed to God today. I didn't know she still has that mental capacity to do that. Caregiver was so surprised that she called me to tell me about it. Yes, we know Jesus was likely not born on December 25th. But God can honor Himself and honor our celebration of Jesus' birth, and touch our hearts just the same. Thank you Jesus."
===
I believe God must have prompted mom to pray to Him that day, as she has lost her sense of date/year since several years ago, and most of the time she doesn't seem to respond even when I pray for/with her. I used to worry that mom wouldn't know to turn to God for strength and comfort as alzheimer disease progresses. I don't anymore. I see God's not limited by mom's illness; He can speak to mom whenever. I used to feel bad about dad's coma in 2007; now I believe more than ever the sovereignty of God in it. I used to worry about some dear friends because they seem to have chosen a path that's not of God's. I will not worry, but pray with confidence because God is God and He is good.
No comments:
Post a Comment