Thursday, January 24, 2013

Grace

A pastor sent me this daily devotional by Chuck Smith out of the blue.


He also wrote me the following,

Romans 6:23,  "For the wages of sin is death, but the free gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord."
"Eternal life" is a free gift in Christ Jesus our Lord.   We do not need to "work" on it.  This is His Grace.   
However, after accepted Christ, we need to serve and work hard.    
When Jesus talked about the woman who broke the vial and poured it over Jesus head, Mk. 14:8a  "Jesus said, she has done what she could; ... "  Mt. 25:21, 23  Our Master wants us to be "good and faithful." 
I believe that you always try to do your best.  This is also "by His Grace" that we can serve Him more and serve Him better."

I was at first puzzled by why this pastor sent me things out of the blue.   I think I do now.  God must know what I'm going through these two days.  I so need His Grace.  "God's blessings are not dependent on our faithfulness or our hard work but are predicated upon his nature of love."

No comments: