Monday, September 12, 2011

pray for America and its U-turn

I don't usually feel a persistent burden to pray for things that are "public." For individual's need, or from a friend's salvation, yes; or, for an evangelistic meeting I feel more a "duty" than a burden. The Harvest Crusade 2011 for LA was how my heart started to want to pray for Los Angeles, and America. Well, I guess reading Pastor Jaeson Ma's blog or FB updates of his passion for America might have prepared my heart as well.

Joyce Meyer's Hearing from God Each Morning talks about this kind of prayer burden,
A burden is something that comes to your heart and feels weighty and important; it is something God is asking you to carry in prayer... Some people are called to pray a lot for certain things. My husband prays a lot for America. I know people who pray for Israel all the time. One woman told me she prayed for veterans returning from war. I believe God has every need in the world covered. We don't all need to pray for the same thing because, if we did, all the needs woul not be taken care of. Pay attention to what God is placing on your heart and pray for that.
I pray that Jehovah's people in America will humble themselves and pray, that they will seek Jehovah's face and turn from their wicked ways. I pray that God will heal our land.

No comments: