I'm using the ESV's Chronological Reading Guide to walk through the entire Bible in a year.
The audio feature that allows one to listen to someone reading the Scripture aloud makes it easier to cover 3-4 chapters a day, 7 days a week.
Events of the Bible are arranged chronologically as they occurred. For example, the Book of Job is integrated with Genesis because Job lived before Abraham.
3 comments:
I find that I have to read the words while listening to the audio.
By the way, is the ESV ok in terms of accurately translating God's Words?
Same here! I was doing OK listening to Genesis. By the book of Job, my mind easily wanders off if I don't read the words.
I'm not sure how widely is ESV endorsed by Bible scholars and experts, but I find it very similar to NASB, which was endorsed by Dr. Lin. So far, I feel ESV is good enough for Bible speed-reading. Many people consult several translations when doing Bible study. You know www.blueletterbible.org?
Good site! Check out the "V" and "C" buttons after you select a certain Bible passage.
The site is very nice. I like its NASB concordance, audio link, and commentaries. It even has Chuck Smith and J Vernon McGee.
I've been using a software called "e-Sword" http://www.e-sword.net/
It can be used offline and allow different translation and commentaries on the same screen.
Post a Comment