Monday, December 06, 2010

還債

神給我機會在同一所學校temporarily再執教鞭,打從學期頭,I wondered if my job appointment had anything to do with bringing this non-Christian person in the department to Christ? 這是一位很久以前從香港移民來的,在過去兩年她曾兩次應我邀請去過教會活動,但未有接受救恩。

雖然有這意念,但一開課,我覺得很難分配時間在工作、教會事奉、照顧家人以外再作別的事情。 It is perfect timing that after most of my academic workload has been over, 偶然得知有一個極輕鬆的福音聚會 conducted by 辛尼哥哥 (現應該是伯伯了),內容有唱歌、魔術、分享。我帶了這位非信徒朋友去,整整兩個小時沒有冷場,希望當中的message 可以在她心裡發芽生長。

算還了一點福音的債吧。

6 comments:

Kamfai C said...

雖然筆債唔係大耳窿,但係條數都幾難還得清。

big_head said...

還唔清都要 yum D yum D 咁還。

Kamfai C said...

Speaking of this, I'm starting to approach Chinese students/co-workers during lunch hour. I've been preparing (procrastinating) this for a long time. Please pray that I will have wisdom, stay focus, but not too hard-sell.

Any advice?

big_head said...

That's GREAT!

No advice la. But a friend once reminded me to genuinely care and love those who I would outreach. It'll show and be felt even though the encounter is brief.

I also attended an outreach workshop titled "PRAY and RELATE"--Pray for them and relate to them.

Oh... keep me posted.

Kamfai C said...

Indeed. This is the work of God. There is not much else I can do.

Our fellowship advisor recently shared that we have to pray that God will open our eyes and let us see what He is doing around us. When we see God is working in a person's life, we can lead that person to Christ effortlessly. But it requires that we have an intimate and submissive relationship with God. For me, this is still quite challenging.

Also, I have to prepare lunch the night before, and have to improve my Mandarin.

big_head said...

I'm going to try to pray as your fellowship advisor suggested!