Of the 3 groups of students I had in Anhui, the recent class in Hanshan in general is more fond of showing their appreciation through gifts. The students were really sweet. One of them bought me a 珍珠 milk-tea on the second morning. Amy, a super shy girl, gave me lollipop/chewing gum at the end of each school day. Yet she's so shy that she had to ask her classmate to deliver the gift initially. After a few days of observing and waiting, she was able to muster the courage to hand me the lollipop/gum herself. If I remember correctly, I've not heard her speak.
I also received a hair pin and a hair band. One student who could attend only the first week of class gave me a cup pad before leaving.
Like in the previous years, we teachers would take groups of 3-4 students out to meals in order to get to know them better. Students this year would volunteer to pay for the cab, and bought me stuffs afterwards. I'm sure none of us teachers do anything for the favors. Yet, it's wonderful to see these kids not take our kindness for granted.
p.s. Picture above is a calligraphy writing by a student who came with his friend to visit me. It took him 2 hours to write it.
2 comments:
What was written in calligraphy?
He said it's something by Mao.
Post a Comment