Wednesday, June 30, 2010

the recital

I'm pleased if the parents were pleased. Yet, I'm even more pleased and satisfied when students enjoyed the experience of making music.

(Thanks Kammie for her great help in running around during the event. Thanks Monica for taking these pictures. And thanks many bros/sis. for their prayers and support.)


I started things off with a Beethoven.

One young performer playing Pachelbel's Canon.

Kester did so well and made his parents very proud.

Focusing ... or being a little nervous ...

Bea and "Over the Rainbow."

Playing "Wonderful Creator" with Rebecca.

Students being recognized. I forgot to have a group picture taken. Oh well, next time.


Emcee.

Goofing around afterwards.

7 comments:

Amy said...

It is quite moving to see you in this setting, don't know why, maybe I have never seen you 'work' before, we have always 'played' together.
It's great to see the faces of your students, I now can 'see' their faces when you talk about them on Facebook.

ablogaday said...

Good to see you utilizing the iPad in every possible occasion.

big_head said...

Amy: intriguing, that seeing me in the setting was "quite moving" for you. You know, when I "work" I am also "playing" (i.e. playing an instrument.)

Haha.

ablogaday: of course la. I wouldn't spent that $ just to buy a toy Ia. =)

Kamfai C said...

Wow, you have so many students! $$$

So, your iPad has replaced your notepad.

big_head said...

KFC: some of the kids are siblings and they're not yet my students.

Bad economy. "Hand tight" ah.

R said...

Thanks for sharing pictures of your students. I am sure they're proud to have performed and also happy that they're finally relieved of the pressure. I remember I prefer to play a duet because you share the burden.

Where's the venue?

big_head said...

Rae, thanks for commenting!

For the students who're doing a duet, they're doing a duet AND a solo.

Yes, I saw your comment on the other post about getting where it's held.